Free To Use
Insurance & Pension Policies
Bank & Building Society Accounts

Savings Bonds (National Savings and Investments)

Finding an old Savings Bond

If you come across an old Savings Bond and would like to check whether or not it has already been cashed in, you can contact NS&I.

The NS&I service can also be used to track down funds of deceased relatives or clients, provided you are legally empowered to act for that person - for example, under Power of Attorney.

You should enclose any relevant documents you find, such as a passbook, certificate of investment, or any correspondence. NS&I will then confirm whether or not the funds have already been cashed in. If they haven't, they will tell you their current value and let you know how to claim.

Contact Details

Tracing Service
National Savings and Investments

Telephone: 0845 964 5000


Download a Form to Trace a Savings Bond

Bookmark and Share